Investment Consulting and Financial Planning Tools from SII Investments
- Looking to cut expenses and prepare a monthly budget?
- Wondering when and where to start saving for retirement?
- Not sure how much money you should put toward your child’s education?
SII Investments has put together the following Investment Consulting and Financial Planning resources for you! Check out the financial tools and calculators provided by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) for an interactive approach to your personal finances. The investment consulting and financial planning tools listed below can also help you chart your financial future.
- Fund Analyzer - The Fund Analyzer from FINRA offers financial planning information and investment analysis on over 18,000 mutual funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs). This tool estimates the value of the mutual funds and the impact of fees and expenses on your investment. It also allows you the ability to look up applicable fees and available discounts for the various funds.
- BrokerCheck - This is a free financial planning tool to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers, as well as investment adviser firms and representatives. BrokerCheck should be the first resource investors turn to when choosing whether to do business or continue to do business with a particular firm or individual.
- Understanding Professional Designations Be selective in choosing the right investment professional to work with by learning more about their professional designations.
- Analyzing 529 College Savings Plan Fees and Expenses - Like most investments, 529 college savings plans have fees and expenses that are paid by investors. Because these fees and expenses can vary widely from plan to plan, use this investment consulting tool to help you compare how these fees and expenses can reduce returns.
- Risk Meter - Use the Risk Meter to see whether you share characteristics and behavior traits that have been shown to make some investors vulnerable to investment fraud.
- Scam Meter - In just four questions, the Scam Meter will help you tell if an investment you are thinking about might be a scam.
- FINRA Investor Knowledge Quiz - FINRA recently surveyed investors to get an idea of what people know-and what people may not know-about investing. The FINRA Investor Knowledge Quiz includes some of the questions from that survey to get an idea of what people know - and may not know - about investing, and explains the correct answers.
- Accrued Interest Calculator Use this calculator to find out how much interest is owed on a given bond, selecting the appropriate bond type to figure accrued interest for corporate and municipal bonds or government bonds.
- Retirement Calculator - Use this calculator to plan your retirement investing strategy now so that you will have enough to see you through your retirement years.
- College Savings Calculator - Use the College Savings calculator to determine the amount you must invest each year to have enough money to cover all college costs.
- Loan Calculator - Use this financial planning calculator to determine the monthly payment for a fixed-rate loan. For car loans, determine if a longer term makes sense. Your monthly payment will drop though your total cost will rise. For a mortgage, run it twice to compare two offers or the merits of refinancing. See how much a monthly payment drops by reducing the interest rate by just one half of one percent.
- Savings Calculator - Use this investment consulting calculator to see how a consistent approach to investing can make your money grow. Whether saving for a house, a car, or other special purchase, the savings calculator will help you determine the right amount to save on a regular basis to achieve your financial goal.
- Required Minimum Distribution Calculator - Use this calculator to determine your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from a traditional 401(k) or IRA.
- Retirement Estimator - The Retirement Estimator gives estimates based on your actual Social Security earnings record.
* PLEASE NOTE: The links provided are strictly as a courtesy to our clients. When you visit any of the sites provided here, you are leaving our site. Our company makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, sites, information and programs made available through this site. When you access one of these sites, you are leaving siionline.com and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the sites you are linking to.