Appleton Community Snapshot
Appleton, Wisconsin is home to SII Investments. Situated on the bluffs above the Fox River, Appleton is a culturally diverse community of more than 70,000 residents. As the largest of the cities located in the Fox River Valley, which are collectively known as the Fox Cities, Appleton combines culture and entertainment with a relaxed atmosphere.
Appleton's relatively low cost of living and hassle-free commutes make the community a great place to live and work. Moreover, the area's small-town charm, quality school system and proximity to Wisconsin's larger cities provide residents with an ideal place to raise a family.Local Attractions
The Appleton community was established around Lawrence University in 1847, and has continued to grow rapidly. The city features a quaint downtown, strewn with specialty shops, historic buildings and museums. It is home to Wisconsin's second largest shopping mall, many festivals and entertainment events. Only 100 miles from Milwaukee, Appleton is just a car ride away from one of Wisconsin's largest cities. Several of the area's local attractions include:
- Appleton Downtown: College Avenue, a hot spot for dining and culture, with a variety of pubs, restaurants and coffee shops nestled among specialty shops.
- History Museum at the Castle, where magic lovers can enjoy collections of Harry Houdini's equipment and paraphernalia.
- The Hearthstone Historic House Museum, which narrates the local history and highlights technical innovations from the area.
- Children enjoy the seasonal exhibits and interactive learning opportunities at the Fox Cities Children's Museum-Building for Kids.
- The nearby Milwaukee Art Museum, boasting an impressive urban design and collections of 19th-century and 20th-century artwork.
Appleton is home to a variety of arts and entertainment venues for all ages. Outside of the city, greater Wisconsin is also rich with cultural activities. Local favorites include:
- The Fox Cities Performing Arts Center provides a venue for arts and entertainment, with performances ranging from Broadway shows and Shakespearean plays to classical dance.
- Avid sports fans can watch baseball games on summer nights, as the Fox Cities are home to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a Class-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Flight enthusiast flock to the area to participate in the EAA Air Venture and tour the EAA Aviation Center.
- Football fan can check out Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers. The organization offers tours, year-round, and visitors may purchase items from the Packers Pro Shop.
- Circus World, located in nearby Baraboo, is a great family-friendly destination that offers both circus history and live performances.
- Milwaukee's Summerfest, an annual lakefront fair that includes 10 full days of performances by some of the biggest names in rock, pop and country music.
Eastern Wisconsin offers a wide range of opportunities to enjoy the landscape and local waterways. Lake Michigan is a mere hour away from Appleton and, along with many other local lakes and rivers, gives Wisconsin residents plenty of opportunities for fishing, boating and other water sports. Outdoor enthusiasts can also enjoy Wisconsin's many state parks, including the nearby High Cliff State Park. When the temperatures dip and snow falls during the winter months, Wisconsin offers a variety of skiing, ice skating and snowshoeing locations.Education
Fox Cities residents benefit from an award-winning education system and a network of higher education opportunities. Many offer entertainment and learning opportunities for the greater Fox Cities community.