Changing Broker/Dealers – Business Transitions through SII Investments
As an independent broker/dealer, our team of experts has many years of experience helping registered representatives as they are changing broker/dealers and transitioning their businesses to SII. The SII Transition Team will work closely with you every step of the way as you navigate the process of changing broker/dealers, to manage the details of your affiliation, including:
- Counseling you on how to prepare your financial practice for conversion.
- Providing a plan of action, complete with an in depth timeline and checklist of items you’ll accomplish as you change broker/dealers.
- Ensuring efficient account transfers by working with your current broker/dealer, clearing firm and product companies.
- Coordinating the moving of your licenses to coincide closely with the transfer of your investment accounts.
- Auditing your paperwork for accuracy to promote prompt processing and turnaround.
- Offering complimentary, compliance-approved client brochures explaining your new relationship with SII Investments.
- Obtaining approval of your new business cards, stationery, letters and other client materials.
Changing broker/dealers is an important decision. Our transition process is proven to help you enjoy a seamless shift with minimal impact to your financial business. Take comfort you've found the right fit with our independent broker/dealer, SII Investments, Inc.
Business Transition Timeline
|30 Days Prior to Transfer||14 Days Prior to Transfer||Day of Transfer||14 Days After Transfer||30 Days After Transfer|
|Receive guidance on proper form completion||Confirm date of transition||Change voicemail to reference SII|
|Establish workflow schedule and timetable for transition||Complete and submit appointment forms||Change email disclosures to reflect SII|
|Complete and submit step-by-step Transition Kit||Prepare resignation letter to current B/D (Sample letters provided in Transition Kit)||Assist transfer of securities and insurance appointments|
|Prepare client and account lists||Submit resignation to current B/D and notify SII|
|Coordination with current clearing firm and product companies to ensure efficiency||Support and coordinate approval of business cards, stationary, and marketing materials for transition||Update website with required changes or disable until approval received by Advertising||Schedule thorough EOE demonstration with our experts to train office staff|
|If applicable, prepare mutual fund and annuity block transfer letters and process||SII educates your team regarding SII procedures, compliance practices, trading operations and technology||Meetings with clients to complete paperwork|
|Sales Supervision & Brokerage staff provide overview of business process||Compliance-approved brochures provided to explain your relationship with SII to clients and staff|
|Introduction to available online services and integrated technology platforms|
|Prepare client transition paperwork|
|Address outstanding issues or concerns|
|Continued support throughout duration|